x1950 worth $120 over a current x1900 (both gt)

Ratneck

Obliviot
Like the title says, is it worth upgrading my x1900 to an x1950? Anyone with such a small step increase notice any real difference? Newegg has a deal on it this week...and while I was thinking about going with a second x1900, I've been told the performance boost isn't worth it...so I was looking at upgrading the card... Cheaply!

BentFez

Obliviot
off the top of my head, I doubt it is $120 better. If you have a game that is unplayable or marginal with the 1900, then investigate benchmarks for the 1950 with that game to see if it would help. I can't imagine it would turn a bad game experience into a good one, but I am not staring at the numbers.

If you are merely trying to take advantage of a deal for the deal's sake, save your money for a more impressive delta between the old and new card. Stick the $120 in a sock, then add a dollar a day and by the time you really need to buy, you get whatever you want plus an icecream sandwich.

BentFez

Obliviot
Just did a quick check -- if you have a x1900gt, it appears to be a faster card than the x1950gt. Going to an x1950gt is not really an upgrade in raw power. I think the only reasons to go with the x1950gt are availability or built in/easier bridge for sli application.