X-Trac Hybrid

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Mousing surfaces usually fall into one of two categories: Hard surface or cloth. Today we're taking a look at one that defies categories and combines the best of both worlds. The smooth feel of a hard pad with the suppleness of a cloth pad.

Read the review and discuss it!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
MadMat said:
popped the Mad Dotz onto my MX-610 to see how well the pad did with the added glide afforded by them and it's like mousing on ice. you can literally bump the mouse with your hand and have it slide from one edge of the pad completely to the other.

Wow... I use a cloth surface/foam back cheapo pad that my cable provider gave me. It's pretty small, but I like it that way. I can't imagine using a huge mat like that. And for the mouse to slide like that is just awesome. Awesome product, simple, effective review. Great all around. :D

madmat

Soup Nazi
Thanks, I'm personally impressed as hell by the pad. I've got a review of an XTrac cloth pad in the works...you think this is big? Heh...

U

Unregistered

Tracking

Well, I'm having the g7 tracking problem with my G5 (new model) on the xTrac Hybrid. Same problem with the Microsoft Sidewinder. xTrac denies that it could be a problem with the pad in any way. I've updated firmware and tried all the standard fixes for this problem and none of it works. I've cleaned the lens, tried various usb ports, messed with the polling rate, tried both windows and setpoint settings...it just doesn't seem to work. I can't turn without it studdering. Both mice work fine on my qck+ and even lamenate desktop. The hybrid just isn't working. I really think its a defected pad but could it be something to do with my computer?

U

Unregistered

Well, I'm having the g7 tracking problem with my G5 (new model) on the xTrac Hybrid. Same problem with the Microsoft Sidewinder. xTrac denies that it could be a problem with the pad in any way. I've updated firmware and tried all the standard fixes for this problem and none of it works. I've cleaned the lens, tried various usb ports, messed with the polling rate, tried both windows and setpoint settings...it just doesn't seem to work. I can't turn without it studdering. Both mice work fine on my qck+ and even lamenate desktop. The hybrid just isn't working. I really think its a defected pad but could it be something to do with my computer?

Stuttering* I'm on Vista btw.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I have an MX510 corded mouse that stutters on both the X-Trac Hybrid and on my QcK+ Steel large format black deskpad. My MX700 stuttered on both. My M$ wireless mice had no problems tracking on either, they just suffered from crappy wireless abilities.