WinX DVD Ripper - Free Ripper that Works

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I received an e-mail last week from Digiarty Software, which asked us if we'd like to post news about its free DVD ripper application. I don't usually jump at the opportunity for the main reason that there are so many applications like this around, but this one might very-well be worth your time. By all coincidence, the same day I received the e-mail, a friend of mine was looking for a free DVD ripper, so he was the perfect guinea pig.

Little did I realize, but there is actually a lacking of reliable free DVD rippers out there. My friend had tried five or six different applications he found, and none successfully ripped the DVD out of the box. So as a last-ditch effort, he tried the same DVD ripper that was linked to me in the e-mail, and surprisingly, the process finished without a hitch. Impressive.

From the looks of things, the software is rather robust, offering the ability to rip to a variety of formats, including AVI, MPEG, MP4 and more - even Flash-based FLV. Taking things a step further, the application offers light tweaking to each profile, such as the ability to adjust the bitrate, resolution and so forth. Have a copy-protected DVD? It doesn't matter according to the product page... this can handle 'em.

If there's one caveat, it's that it looks as though there's no way to simply rip the DVD 1:1 to your hard drive. Rather, the only option is to convert to another video format. This might be fine for most people, however, since full DVD rips to take up a fair amount of hard drive space. Either way, if you are looking for a free ripper, give this one a try.

winx_dvd_ripper_082409.jpg

WinX DVD Ripper is a free software program that facilitates ripping the content of a DVD to computer hard disk drive and converting to popular video formats. It supports all types of DVDs including normal DVDs, CSS protected DVDs, commercial DVDs, Sony ArccOS DVDs, all region 1-6 DVDs and most of popular video formats such as FLV, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, MPEG1/2 as output video formats.

Source: WinX DVD Ripper

stephenchy

Obliviot
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing this article with us, and, frankly speaking, I also know a little about this software. I downloaded this dvd ripping software from GAOD, at that time, it is free only on GAOD, I am so happy, but soon later, it is free for everybody.

There indeed few free software like this one, most of free dvd ripping programs are not real free, that is why I am so happy when I found it from GAOD. At least, it is without any charge. So, I used this software and started ripping DVDs.

As Williams metioned, it works, I ripped some DVDs successfully, and felt very good. That is amazing, a free dvd ripping program works so well, its speed is fast and video quality is not bad, unbelievable!

One day, I don't know why I did it. I googled this software and logged into its webpage (I seldom did this before). I found there are some other free software programs about DVD & Video converting. But, I didn't try. I don't wanna make some change, you know, maybe, it is not good as this.

Hope is a good thing! I hope~~~~~~~ everything goes well.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
I prefer freeware. Two free yet professional DVD rippers:

* Free DVD Ripper (easiest DVD ripper that I ever try.)
* HandBrake (very good open source in my opinion)

I've had a lot of problems with Free DVD Ripper in the past so I can't wholeheartedly recommend it.
But I will check out Handbrake next time I need to rip a DVD.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)