Windows 7 Becomes Fastest-Selling OS in the World

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In mid-December, I took a look at our site statistics for the first half of the month to see the trend of Windows 7 adoption, and the results were rather impressive. At that time, 28.23% of our Windows visitors were using Windows 7. For an OS that was released a mere two months earlier, that says a lot. The acceleration of adoption has slowed, but it certainly continues, with that number rising to 33.88% during all of January.

windows_7_madstork91_080409_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our news post here.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I bought Windows 7 for a new system ... but what is the alternative? Vista? My other 3 systems will never change from XP 64!!:(! Except under extreme duress & lack of any other logical choice.:(

So yes, I was/am "wishin' & hopin'" that I would be future secure that this launch will be successful.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
So far I'm still quite happy with the OS, no major problems so far although there are plenty of niggling issues I'd have loved to see finally fixed. I'm never going to touch Vista or XP again if I can help it. :)

The Steam survey results are even more surprising than I was expecting... I thought it would take another month or two, but Windows 7 64bit officially now has more users than Windows Vista 32bit. ;) More people are using Windows 7 32bit than Vista 64bit as well.... so in other words, 7 has officially replaced Vista in total number of Steam users. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

What is even more amusing is most of the converts are from Vista, although XP is still dropping fast at a steady 2-2.5% a month.