Wii are to have fun on Nov 19

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I. Cant. Wait.

I am seriously getting more and more excited about the Wii the closer it gets. Should be a good time!

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
My only concern will be us playin' around the tv and smashing our controllers together as we wildly swipe at virtual tennis balls. :D

madstork91

The One, The Only...
my worry is still breaking the dang thing after an hour of play... there is a big differance in inertia between me and wee wittle chinesse dude.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Hase anyone besides me looked at the pricing for them on the Wii calculator?

Pre game im looking to spend 500 on a Wii + controllers.

Edit: 357- ~480ish.

357 for one retro controller and one wii mote etc. no game

480 ish 2 of each no game.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
$536CAN for an extra Wii-mote and classic controller, and also Zelda and Tony Hawk.

Damn good deal. I paid near $1,100 on the 360 launch day, and the only difference was an extra game.

leecho7

Partition Master
That is a mighty fine deal Rob. I already have Zelda on reserve, waiting for Ebgames/Gamestop to start accepting reserves for the console. Can't wait MOFOS!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Bah, they are not accepting yet? I was going to go there today and do just that. Oh well, at least the games are a start.

NOBODY TAKE MY TONY HAWK.

leecho7

Partition Master
All the employees at a local EBgames that I frequent (it's like a 50 second walk from work) pretty much know me, and everything about me now. I've been in there everyday the past week and bugged them when they're taking reserves.
They keep telling me they might be takin reserves early October, but I'm not taking my chances... Cause I'm a psycho like that...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
They keep telling me they might be takin reserves early October, but I'm not taking my chances... Cause I'm a psycho like that...

Yeah... went in today and they were not even taking pre-orders on the games. He told me he was supposed to go to a conference call today, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Canadian EB's work differently than the USA ones though.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Last time I checked, my PC could use the internet ;)

I would -never- use it on a console unless I had a specific reason to. But even still, does the Wii even have a wiiboard in order to type with? If not, a browser would be wiitarded.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Last time I checked, my PC could use the internet ;)

I would -never- use it on a console unless I had a specific reason to. But even still, does the Wii even have a wiiboard in order to type with? If not, a browser would be wiitarded.

Brilliant!

I remember browsing the net with my Dreamcast...it was shitty but it was the internet.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Oh the times! If the Dreamcast broadband adapter was both readily available and remotely reasonable in price I would have adopted it. Damn you Sega and your untimely demise! Damn you!