Who's Right Where Cloud Music Storage is Concerned?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
We've just entered the second-half of 2011, and looking back at the first six months, we can reminisce over some of the major events that have occurred within the music industry. In March, Amazon launched its cloud-based music storage service, which allows users to store all of their Amazon MP3-purchased music for free, and up to 5GB to store the rest, regardless of where or how it was acquired.

amazon_cloud_drive_070511.png

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
It's a good question. I personally do not trust Cloud services yet. I have heard the primary reason business are making the leap to Cloud is because of cost not as much on their end and secondly less hassle with problems, just comes down those reasons are not the same for me in the long run.

I am curious about the legal ramifications between the two services though, it seems like though anything new digitally is getting sued for one reason or another for obscene reasons, but this one is major and I hope the artists not the RIAA wins on this one.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
While I need to do more reading on cloud computing in general before I decide if I'm for or against it, back up, back up, re-back up and off-site back up will always reign supreme for me.

All of the files that I simply cannot replace (ie. pictures and home movies) are backed up on my normal hard drive, an external, on my wife's system and off-site. I don't care about theft. I care about full and complete loss meaning cloud computing may be an alternative for me but I will always have a back up that I can pick up in my hands.