When math geeks try to be funny..

Will Nave

E.M.I.
Bob the Frog: "Infinite monkeys typing on infinite typewriters might be able to produce Shakespeare, but they could never produce something like this!"

I think that pretty much sums it up... :wink:

Muddy

Obliviot
i dont get it is the book just like a book full of random numbers or are all these people crazy?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The books meant to be used by people who are in need of random numbers, but are too slow to think up some on their own.

It's said that some lottery peeps use books like these.. they just skim the book and point to a number, and use that number.

Still a bizzare concept.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Actually... We (mappers for WC3) have had some serious problems with random number sequences in our maps. Blizzard's randomizer is highly repetative and not even close to random at times... :(

So with a book like this with random sequences could pick out enough strings with variance to do so with our own GUI or JASS codes... (yeah we could do it without the book but then again why do some ppl use a calculator to devide 9999 by 3?)

Chris

Obliviot
Hmm,

*bhudda wonders if numbers are now organized into a book can they still be correctly titled as random?*

:)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Technically as long as they are viewed from in the series then yes they are random, but if you view them as a series of number then no they are a plotted sequence, and thus no longer random, but instead a set path.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I couldn't get past the first page...boredom...lol

And still on sale in paperback

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: