Whats a good PDA to get?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I was wondering... what would be the best High-end, Mid-level, and low-end PDA? Ive never had one before but im kinda wanting one... I will be looking for the following features:

Interface. (windows or linux, color/pixels, touchpad/pen, is there a keyboard on the screen or does ti have one?)
MP3 storage Space.
IM capability with the 3 mojor types. (AIM, MSN, Yahoo)
Size and weight. (no one likes carying a 5lb mini laptop)
and Finnally Price. (How many checks do I have to put away and starve for a month or so before I can get it?)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've been considering on getting one as well, but I don't need one *right* now.

The two that really caught my eye are the HP iPAQ and Dell Axim.

I don't really know the in depth specifics of them, but I don't hear anything bad about either. If you plan to carry a lot of MP3's though, I don't think that will happen, unless you buy a really large card.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
HP sux with anythign they make... And i know from what my sister has... They make a shitty PDA...

The dell one looks nice... I know you like dell or w/e... iunno bout the PDAs they make....

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
madstork91 said:
I know you like dell or w/e... iunno bout the PDAs they make....

Just because I use a Dell laptop, doesn't mean I like or favor Dell. I am going on facts based on reviews and articles.

I have just never heard anything bad about them.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
"I like my Dell laptop... They make a Damn good laptop"

sure ok... listen your music on it with your headphones I guess...

Will Nave

E.M.I.
I've heard good and bad about Ipaq's myself... but, from what I've seen they have some of the nicer and more colorful displays. For once, and with the exception of laptops also, I would say Dell would be a safe bet in this category as well. What do you think of the mid-range Tungstens?

58-101-133-11.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=58-101-133&depa=0

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Seems nice enough actually... Low storage space though IMO. But thats what the expansion slot is for right? Hmm ide be curious to see if it had a button lock feature.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
madstork91 said:
"I like my Dell laptop... They make a Damn good laptop"

sure ok... listen your music on it with your headphones I guess...

Where did that come from.. I never said that. Stay off the ridilin maybe?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Ive been Clean for years...

OK ok ... you didnt say those exact words... But you do love your laptop.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Course I love my laptop. If I could choose a different model, I think I would have. Since it's what I have, I may as well like it.

Mike Delorme

Obliviot
Whever you get, get a Dell. They are great with there PDA's, and they care about there cheep ones too, mosts compaines do not :-/