What Good is the Cloud with Capped Bandwidth?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
If some companies are to be believed, we all belong in the cloud. That includes our information, documents, photos, music and sometimes, even our movies. Either by phone or at home, we can use a lot of bandwidth, and with companies shifting some major focus to the 'cloud', that means data caps are going to become a huge problem, fast.

apple_icloud_060611_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Try Bell-Aliant FibreOP, it has NO CAP!

It is always great to see more fibre deployments, but as is usually the case they are very limited in availability. They support around a half-dozen cities in New Brunswrick only.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It is always great to see more fibre deployments, but as is usually the case they are very limited in availability. They support around a half-dozen cities in New Brunswrick only.

If I lived 5 minutes up the road, I could get it, but not right here. It burns :mad:

MacMan: The non fiber-op is also unlimited; it's what I have. It's not as reliable as fiber-op, nor as fast, but man, the unlimited bandwidth... no comparison. Couldn't live without it.

On my server where I do a lot of torrenting, I used just about 1TB of bandwidth in the past 30 day period. That server costs about half of a regular ISP monthly package.