What 90's FPS Titles Would You Like to See Remade?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
PC gaming during the 90s was great. Games might not have had the graphics we see today, but most of them had heart and were great fun to play. On the FPS side of things, there were many instant-classic titles that PC gamers from that era have fond memories of, and many of today's gamers might not even be aware of most of them. Wouldn't it be great to see some of those remade?

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i started playing games in 1996 on my Pentium 1. My first games being Red Alert and Dune 2000! Never liked anything other than RTSs back then, now it be different though!

I read about a Doom 4 so, cant wait! :D

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I started playing games around the same time. My first ones were Dark Reign, Command and Conquer, Duke Nukem. I mostly played RTS's, too.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
The first games i played were Sim City, Civilization, UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com Defense), UFO: Terror From the Deep, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Heretic and Doom. Later i expanded into the C&C games, Dune 2, Warbreeds, and then spent a hell of a lot of time with X-Com Apocalypse and Master of Orion 2. Then i got a PSOne and the years that followed were a blur... :p

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I should also mention Myth, Myth II: the Fallen Lords, Road Rash, Moto Racer, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey, Rise of the Triad, Sonic CD, Sonic & Knuckles. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I had dark forces II, but when we threw my brother's old computer out because it died...he left the second disc in the drive :(

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
On the subject, though, I don't really like the idea of "remaking" classics. I feel the same about the "reboots" of classic movie series. For the most part, they are pointless and boring. At their worst, they can detract from the greatness of the classics. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
On the subject, though, I don't really like the idea of "remaking" classics. I feel the same about the "reboots" of classic movie series. For the most part, they are pointless and boring. At their worst, they can detract from the greatness of the classics. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Sometimes that's true, but it depends. The problem is that some companies go in wanting to make a game that stays true to the original, but at the same time want to change minor things to make it appeal to a greater audience. No doubt that's a tough thing to manage.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Luckily someone is already redoing Duke Nukem 3D and has the full blessings of 3D Realms. That's pretty much the only one I was into.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I'd have to say i'm in two minds as well. On the one hand, if it's remade well, and they don't change too much, then i'm cool with it, it's all to do with the feeling of the game, does it encourage nostalgia but with pretty graphics and removal of annoying bugs... enough to make you cry with joy. Or do they remake it in name only, completely bastardise the whole game, give it an edgy new twist and introduce so many bugs you cry at the rabid defilement...

All too often it's the latter...