Weird Internet Browsing problem!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hey guys! As the topic suggests i have a problem with browsing!

It started 2 weeks ago. Even though i installed a fresh copy of windows the problem went away at first but started again after a few hours!

When i am browsing and i click on the bookmarked website, the page loads but is not visible unless i click on the web address on the address bar and press enter. Only then does the website become visible. It seems that the website is loaded, but doesnot show unless i refresh it a couple of times especially facebook, youtube, yahoo and MSN! I have tried anti malware and anti software full scans and even the kaspersky rescue disk anti virus scan and used different browsers but the problem with browsing is still there.

But when i run the system on safe made with networking, the browsing is A OK! Bu the moment i start windows normally, the problem starts!

The first thing i did when i re installed a fresh copy of windows was that i installed the trial for bitdefender! and ran a full scan and then another scan with the kaspersky rescue disk.

Any ideas on what the problem is cause i am getting really tired of this slow browsing! :(

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What browser? And are you using a sync feature where your old profile gets imported into a fresh installation? I on occasion have had issues with sync and Chrome, where emoticons would never be accurate, and it was actually stored in the cloud that way.

Did you happen to try a different browser just to see if the same sort of thing happens? Chances are it's a corrupt profile issue.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
installed a fresh copy of windows with anti malware and anti virus and well, all A ok now! :)

Sorry for the trouble Rob! :D

Grr

Obliviot
I occasionally have the same trouble.

A blank page. In Chrome.

could you pls tell more on the sync thing? I'm lost here

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I installed BitDefender after the fresh windows install and the problem started again! But when i uninstalled it, the problem went away! :D
BitDefender was the problem!

Grr

Obliviot
I installed BitDefender after the fresh windows install and the problem started again! But when i uninstalled it, the problem went away! :D
BitDefender was the problem!

I had installed BitDefender, but have already removed it. :rolleyes: