Want "World of Goo"? Name Your Price

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
If you've ever wanted to try the acclaimed indie hit, "World of Goo", the time to do so is now. To help celebrate the game's first birthday, the developers are allowing you to set the price. Simply pay for it what you think it's worth. Sure sure... that's kind of hard to do without having even played the game (there is a demo), but from what I have heard from friends, it's quite a bit of fun... a silent smash hit, if you will.

World of Goo is developed by only two guys, who sought out to create a simple, yet incredibly fun, platformer game that took full advantage of physics to get players through the levels. Most of the game is comprised of goo... the objects, the characters, the buildings and more. Like any GOOd platformer, World of Goo features a variety of different goo types that you'll need to get through specific parts of the game. And believe it or not, there's even a multiplayer mode, which allows you to compete by building the biggest buildings in the gooniverse (I'm done with these dumb jokes).

Don't want the game for yourself? You're able to gift it to someone else. You can purchase, choose to gift it, and the friend will receive an e-mail with the download instructions, and also a note so they know who it's from. I already own this game (but have never played it oddly enough), but if I didn't, I'd be all over this like goo on... more goo.

world_of_goo_101409.jpg

World of Goo is a physics based puzzle / construction game. The millions of Goo Balls who live in the beautiful World of Goo don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

Source: World of Goo

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Thanks Rob. This game has great reviews on Gamespot as well as other review sites. I think I'm going to buy this as a gift for someone.