Video Editing Software

Krazy K

Partition Master
I shot some video outside. To be more specific I had a cam mounted on my shotgun and the last time there was a lot of wind. I'm not a pro at editing nor do I wish to devote any more effort than is necessary to compile all the shots and clip out the boring stuff. That being said, I need a proggy that will filter the wind noise out. Do I have to change careers to write one or is there one out there. Free would be nice and $300 is absurd.

The first hunt that killed my last cam is here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There's always Windows Movie Maker for rather simplistic movie editing, or VirtualDub paired with DivX, which is my personal favorite:

http://www.virtualdub.org/
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DivX6.htm

You would need to install both, and inside VirtualDub under Video > Compression, you'd choose DivX and configure it there.

Other than that, I'm really not sure what to recommend. VirtualDub is rather simplistic, but if you devote a little time to it, you could create something cool.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I never found in Winders MM where you can filter out the wind. Where is it hidden?
Just take out the whole audio in virtual Dub and replace with the music you like.'

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Krazy K

Partition Master
I could do that but you want to hear the shot and all the people teasing you in the background for missing. BTW I'm not being paid by any major record label for promoting a song, it's a stance I have about advertising for other companies.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I could do that but you want to hear the shot and all the people teasing you in the background for missing. BTW I'm not being paid by any major record label for promoting a song, it's a stance I have about advertising for other companies.
Okay...You need a video editor that also edits the audio.....And you want the air blowing sound removed.

To do that you find an editor and take out that frequency ( of air ).
It would be a high tech profesional program.
Or maybe taking the audio out in virtual Dub, using just an audio editor, taking out that frequency the adding the audio file back in with Virtual Dub

I had a movie that the audio was off 1.254 seconds...and it was hell trying to get the rest of the movie aligned with the audio.
Trial and error.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Krazy K

Partition Master
Yea, something like that. It that asking too much?
So what is a man to do?
Take the audio out is what I bet you will say next, then overlay it with audio, lol.