usb mouse problem

mishule2000

Obliviot
hi,

my problem is that when i turn on the computer the mouse doesn't work and i have to unplug then plug it back to work. i tried to reinstall the for the mouse from the cd, nothing happened...
it works on ps2 but then i can't use the extra features of the scroll...
i hope is not a mobo problem

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What mouse are you using? I had a similar thing happen with my MX518 on any motherboard, so I just use a PS/2 end instead, but it hasn't stopped any functionality I've used.

I have that same problem with a thumb drive as well. If I boot with it, I have re-plug it in to make sure it's working.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I had a simular problem with a thumb drive... (that peice of crap U3 one that Ive only recently began to use because of some of the U3 features.)

Had I honestly known It was what it is, I might have bought it anyways. But them sneaking it on me like that just pisses me off.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Does your motherboard have separate USB drivers? That could be goofed up; it wouldn't hurt to at least check.

mishule2000

Obliviot
What mouse are you using? I had a similar thing happen with my MX518 on any motherboard, so I just use a PS/2 end instead, but it hasn't stopped any functionality I've used.

I have that same problem with a thumb drive as well. If I boot with it, I have re-plug it in to make sure it's working.

i have a4tech x-710 gaming mouse but on my old computer (with asus mobo) it worked just fine...the same problem under vista (i have xp)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's not the mouse then... it's the motherboard. Did you try Windows Update and make sure there are not updated USB drivers? Also... are all your USB ports taken up with stuff? Maybe unplug something and see if the problem persists.

mishule2000

Obliviot
i don't know if windows update is updating USB drivers...but the USB ports are free, only the mouse is using them and i tried on every port...the same problem,

NicePants42

Partition Master
I've had this problem before with a Razer Copperhead, and a Logitech G15 keyboard. In my case, the problem was a BIOS option called 'USB Legacy Support'. Enabling this would cause the Copperhead to not respond, disabling this would cause the G15 to not respond (until the OS was loaded). I am running an ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe.

I'm surprised that you are having this problem with an A4tech mouse - I recently purchased the X-750BF to replace the Copperhead simply because I didn't like having to unplug the Copperhead. IIRC, the X-750BF was not affected by the 'USB Legacy Support' option, and the driver for the X-750BF is a LOT less complex.

In the case of most motherboards, there are options to support USB 1.1, 2.0, 1.1 and 2.0, Legacy, bootable, etc. I suggest playing around with these USB settings (starting with Legacy support, if it's an option) and testing each one.

gadgeteer

Obliviot
Hi I don't know what the solution for your problem is but once I also had some USB device that wasn't recognized and I had some help from a tech support site that solve me the problem. They have a free live chat support with expert that can guide you through any problem.

Here is the page for A4tech X-710 Support
I hope it helps, use the live chat you will get the answer faster!

Good luck

Grace