Typical Windows irony...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The 2TB hard drive I have in my Thermaltake BlacX has been known as I:\ for as long as I've had it, but for some reason, Windows decided to change that drive letter to G:\, effectively messing up a couple of programs that rely on I:\.

So, I went into the drive management section to change it back to I:\, and I'm warned:

"Some programs that rely on drive letters might not run correctly. Do you want to continue?"

*face palm*

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
The 2TB hard drive I have in my Thermaltake BlacX has been known as I:\ for as long as I've had it, but for some reason, Windows decided to change that drive letter to G:\, effectively messing up a couple of programs that rely on I:\.

So, I went into the drive management section to change it back to I:\, and I'm warned:

"Some programs that rely on drive letters might not run correctly. Do you want to continue?"

*face palm*

ROFL... And this surprises you because???

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
LMFAO Hey rob atleast I know another BlacX owner I am building one up now. Though I just realized you might mean in a external dock thats always there but oh well.

The right pick the side panel fan now lights up and i put a Black Tt sticker on the top fan to replace the sticker on the replacement fan.

Here was a mockup of the 2.5 inch drive above the two 3.5 bays. Used 3.5 drives to simulate the bay devices. I still have to drill the mounting holes for the 3.5 to 2.5 adapter and all the tooless crap is gone now.

Just got the PSU in and you'll notice the extra turbulence maker next to it.

I sleeved every cable in the case, including the dock power which I switched over to black connectors and one of them is a passthru.

Last edited:

CaptainFluffy

Obliviot
1252394585617.jpg

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
ROFL... And this surprises you because???

Haha, it doesn't surprise me per se, but I did get a good laugh out of it :D

LMFAO Hey rob atleast I know another BlacX owner I am building one up now. Though I just realized you might mean in a external dock thats always there but oh well.

Oh yes, external dock. Blame Thermaltake for using the same name across multiple product-lines ;-) Best enclosure I've ever owned though, I love it.

That chassis did kind of intrigues me though; how is it? I must say you have it looking really nice with NXZT's cooler in there... talk about a perfect match. What's that other 5 1/4" peripheral installed there?

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
That chassis did kind of intrigues me though; how is it? I must say you have it looking really nice with NXZT's cooler in there... talk about a perfect match. What's that other 5 1/4" peripheral installed there?

Thermaltake Xray.... Its a Cigarette Lighter and Cup Holder.... Seriously.

Dual Docks in the top, main reason I bought it. Otherwise its a bit too small. Fan in the bottom and side panel are added and sport Silverstone filters. Front fan has no effective velocity. Its a turbulent mess I know but the plan is to dial it in.

Yeah when the NZXT Controller was announced I knew I had to have it. The top 5.25 bay is unusable due to the docks the original V9 didnt have docks. But some fan controllers make use of the slot.