This looks interesting, or is it?

MacMan

Partition Master
Even though I am not up with gaming the way most people in Techgage are, I must admit that the gaming link below looks interesting, very interesting indeed.

I was wondering what you gamers thought about the link? Is it something that would be worth pursuing? I thought it best to leave the question with you guys, you, after all, know a hell-of-a-lot more than I in these things!

If possiable, check it out and spill the beans on what you think? I think it looks cool, I love the space graphics.... so, so sharp! But then again, what-in-hell do I know, I primarily use a Mac (ok, wipe that smirk off ya face, I see you! Macs do games too, ya know! :) )

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=102726&nogreet=1

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Eve Online has been around for a few years. If you want to get into an MMO, then it's not a bad game, but it's not personally my style. There is a lot of resource hunting in that game, which I find boring.

There are a few diehards who play it though. If it looks good, give it a try. If you just want to get into an MMO in general, there are many out there. I am not sure all of what works on the Mac though. WoW perhaps.

MacMan

Partition Master
Thanks Rob..

Eve Online has been around for a few years. If you want to get into an MMO, then it's not a bad game, but it's not personally my style. There is a lot of resource hunting in that game, which I find boring.

There are a few diehards who play it though. If it looks good, give it a try. If you just want to get into an MMO in general, there are many out there. I am not sure all of what works on the Mac though. WoW perhaps.

Thanks Rob, as good as it looks, I think I will pass on it , for now, based on your comments. Boring doesn't excite me much.

As far as what works on a Mac, that's easy.... everything, as I can always just dual-boot into, if needed, into Windows or Linux.

Thanks again, I might try it later though, the graphics are just too pretty to resist!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
EVE

Nice effects, video and sound but yes...very boring
I like first person shooter myself

Deckard

madstork91

The One, The Only...
You wanna know why the graphics are soo impressive?

You might as well put in a movie and watch that, cause there is very little-no "twitch" involved in that game.

It is the epitome of boring. And oh, there is virtually no solo play. I played for 2 weeks trying to solo, and I went mining, something you will do a lot of to start out, in a next to newb sector and got owned by a pirate... All I had left was a shuttle and virtually no way to make money. I could have used the shuttle for a month to earn enough for a new miner/freighter, or, B, joined a group that offered to pay me loads of $.

I quit the next day.

Edit:

An MMO that requires you to sell your loyalty to the highest bidder as a central game mechanism is not a great MMO IMHO.

Last edited: