The Black Friday Roundup Roundup

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I admit, I am never too impressed by Black Friday, even if some of the deals can't be beat. I'm the kind of person who generally can't stand going to the mall on normal day, so battling hundreds of rabid shoppers in the wee hours of the morning sure doesn't do it for me. But, if you have a bit more strength than I do, and plan on sacrificing your sleep tomorrow to score some sweet deals, then you might appreciate taking a look at some of the roundups posted around the Web. Yes, this is our roundup roundup.

I've scoured the Web to find some of the best roundups out there, and while not exactly a roundup per se, the first stop you might want to make is Black Friday Ads, a site dedicated to supplying you with quick links to Black Friday deals from a variety of stores, including Sears, Best Buy, Newegg and a lot more. The second place to hit up would have to be Gizmodo, because their staff states it's the "only list you need", and I'm not about to disagree. It's huge.

Gizmodo's roundup might be a bit on the definitive side, but if you still haven't seen something that strikes your fancy, there are a slew of smaller roundups around the Web, such as the one at DailyTech, focusing more on computers and TVs. i4u also has one that doesn't quite single out particular deals, but links to some of the best out there. There are a few "best of" Black Friday roundups as well, from CrunchGear and CNET.

black_friday_mob_112609.jpg

Engadget also has a spread out "roundup", but it's for the dedicated since it's hard to find the gems (there's no actual list). For some of the biggest online e-tailers, you could just go straight to the site to see all of the deals, as none make them hard to find. At quick look, I could easily find Black Friday deals at Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Walmart (you need to put in your zip code), and for the gaming-afflicted, there's GameStop's.

Alright, so there are a lot of deals out there, and while a lot of sales are going on today, the biggest ones don't happen until tomorrow morning, so you can calmly begin your planning now. If I can offer one word of advice... be careful out there, and remember, money isn't everything. If a situation at a store gets dangerous, get out of there. We don't need another one of these events!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Hmm, nobody has any tales to tell for this year? Nobody found any deals especially good? ;)

Found an Acer 22" widescreen for $99, no tax... got it for my father, although now I wish I'd gotten myself one after seeing what that model usually goes for. An hour after the store opened they still had a few left.

May or may not have gotten a killer deal on some 8GB SD cards, will have to wait until I get the rebate check in my hands before I call that one.

Did see Newegg had the Antec 300 for $25 shipped after rebate + email code, and the CM HAF 932 for $80 shipped. BIg discount on the ABS Canyon too...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hmm, nobody has any tales to tell for this year? Nobody found any deals especially good? ;)

Found an Acer 22" widescreen for $99, no tax... got it for my father, although now I wish I'd gotten myself one after seeing what that model usually goes for. An hour after the store opened they still had a few left.

Did see Newegg had the Antec 300 for $25 shipped after rebate + email code, and the CM HAF 932 for $80 shipped. BIg discount on the ABS Canyon too...

omg!! u guys r sooo luckyy!!:eek:

$80 for a CM HAF932! oh man.... that is just too much for me to handle!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
a new vendor for me ...

Performance PCs I found while looking for some way to change the fittings of the Eheim 1040 pump from 1/4" tubing to 1/2". It seems the Eheims in general have differently threaded ga-zintas & ga-zoutas.

Hmmm, I put this in the wrong thread & can't delete ... not a much of a Black Friday deal ... I did save $20 on a Sea Sonic X750 under 'egg tho.

Last edited: