Team Fortress 2 Class Roundup

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I haven't yet had the chance to give the Team Fortress 2 beta a go, but I will have to in the next few days, prior to it's actual release. I admit that I had little interest in the game since it was first announced, but I have yet to hear a truly poor comment about the game or it's gameplay. Though I still wish we saw Half-Life 2: Episode 2 a while ago instead of TF2 right now, it looks like the trade off is going to be worth it.

That all aside, one of my favorite new websites, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, has posted a huge TF2 class roundup. Split into nine different parts, they take a look at reasons why a class exists, why they are useful and why they are useless. It's a light read, but comprehensive at the same time.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
rockpapershotgun_tf2_class_100207.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Since the Team Fortress Beta went live, the collective bodies of Rock, Paper, Shotgun have been running around with cartoon projectile weapons pretty much non-stop. When that “Pretty much” kicks in, we have a break and write about Team Fortress 2, just to mix things up and keep it fresh. The following are the nine short critical examinations (with gags) of the character classes that Jim, Alec and myself conjured up with special Word Science.

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun