Take-Two CEO Confirms More Duke Nukem IP in the Future

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
After we posted our look at Duke Nukem Forever, I followed-up with a post that encouraged Gearbox to not give up on the series, even if the reviews for the latest game weren't too flattering. Duke titles in the 90s were fun and well-received, and for the most part, there's been moderate success with Duke console originals and even Manhattan Project for the PC. One bad game can't be the end of Duke, right?

duke_nukem_forever_062211.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Since the aliens seem to never give up, Duke should take the battle to their homeworld! There could be levels on exotic alien worlds, in space. Maybe the aliens kidnap him somehow, and that's how he ends up there. Of course, he breaks out and wreaks havoc.

Any other ideas on how to keep the series fresh?

Kayden

Tech Monkey
OJC - The next game does need another planet's feel though, like Total Recall or something baron like that to make Duke feel like he is struggling now.

TCS - I love this idea, but CGI would be so wrong for this.....WHERE IS DOC BROWN WHEN YOU NEED THE MAN?!?

Edit: Oh yeah forgot my semi original idea! I think we should have Sim Duke! Where we manage all his franchises, the strip clubs, burger joints, the.....wait that would be horrible forget I mentioned it.

I swear if this happens it isn't my fault.

Last edited: