Tagan A+ Black Pearl Full Tower

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The chassis market is full of common names, but it's not often a new player comes along that really impresses. Tagan is one of those rare companies who delivers a full-size case that is well worth your consideration.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

U

Unregistered

Wow, don't get me wrong, it looks like a nice case, but I'm alarmed at the amount of features that are almost identical to Lian Li cases. The reviewer clued onto the similaritys of layout, but as a Lian Li V1200plus owner it's obvious that there are so many things, like the side panel locking mechanism, the fan hood over the cpu, the removable front fan and filter design and even the system speaker attached to the chamber divider to name a few, that have either been copied or otherwise used from Lian Li cases.

Just have to wonder if this is some offshoot of LianLi and they're using the design elements with permission, or if they've just blatantly copied.

U

Unregistered

Just have to wonder if this is some offshoot of LianLi and they're using the design elements with permission, or if they've just blatantly copied.
Everything about this case, except the front-panel fan controller, is Lian-Li hardware. Take a Lian-Li PC-V2000 and give it hard drive racks, top ports, optical-drive "locks", and watercooling holes from a PC-A10....

It even has the holes in the back panel for mounting and exhausting the sideways exhaust fan as used in the "PLUSII" version of the PC-V2000. Tagan doesn't include such a fan, so why would the holes even be there if the case weren't Lian-Li's design?

The only way I can imagine this case existing without Lian-Li's lawyers objecting is if somehow Tagan has licensed the design, or (more likely, I think) if the case is actually manufactured for them by Lian-Li, with Tagan adding the front-panel fan controller. Probably the fans, too; I see they're not Lian-Li's usual Adda fans.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am awaiting an answer to these questions and will report back when I hear what they have to say. As for the case itself, if it had holes in the front to allow the front fan to breathe, it would be virtually identical to the V2000, as stated in the review.

I know that Antec used other companies designs back in the day, so this would not surprise me at all if Lian Li and Tagan worked something out.

U

Unregistered

The case is OEM from LL, made by Aplus and distributed by Tagan. So all things considered, it is a LL case.

My question it, when and where is/will this case be available?

U

Unregistered

Man...get a better camera...and don't take pictures in front of the couch and on the kitchen sink. Looks very tacky for the professional site that you are.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As the reviewer, I can't agree with you more. I now have a full bench that pictures are taken on. A professional approach is taken as much as possible to pictures but at the time, I had just moved to a new place and the couch was the best I could do.

As a professional site, our readers deserve better pics and we understand that. Thank you for the criticism, it shows that things like this matter.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Man...get a better camera...and don't take pictures in front of the couch and on the kitchen sink. Looks very tacky for the professional site that you are.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm a functional person by nature.
No matter where the images were taken, they are focused and crisp. They point out all the features at different angles.
But I find no tackness in any of the images.

Merlin