Tabula Rasa: Pay to play?

santb

Obliviot
can someone please tell me if tabula rasa will have a monthly fee to pay, or do you only have to buy the initial cd/dvd and that's it.

GeekGirl

Obliviot
Yes Tabula Rasa will come with a monthly fee to play. At this time, no fee as been set to my knowledge. The game is set to launch 19 October 2007.

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
If NCSoft does their normal, they'll spread a price about $5 high (say 18-19.99) then announce a standard fee of $14.99.

The best was when they announced joint fees for City of Heroes/Villains. For the longest time they'd spread the rumors that it would either be $14.99 each, or $20-25 for both. Ended up being $14.99 for both, which made a lot of players very happy!

moon111

Coastermaker
Just got off playing the Tabula Rasa for the first time. (Thanks by the way)

The graphics are stunning. There was no studdering in game play. No crashes. I did get stuck once when I fell (reported it). Made more complicated then it had to be. I'd give it a 8 out of 10 just because it's just not my type of game.

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
Gamespot has reported the fee will be the standard. $14.99

Tabula Rasa's standard edition will retail for $49.99. A collector's edition for the game that includes several in-game extras, as well as a special message from Garriott, bonus maps and survival guides, Tabula Rasa dog tags, a commemorative coin, a poster, and a making-of DVD, will be available for $69.99. Both editions include the first month of play free. Afterward, the game requires a recurring monthly subscription fee of $14.99.