Steam kicks off summer camp sales!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
of course when I got it in steam it says

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.-101

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.

Figures!

EDIT: I guess 10th time is the charm, I guess I can get TDU2 now (c;

EDIT 2: I am not going to try to participate in that Camp Activities either, I tried in the last one and got almost every one filled and I have nothing to show for it. If I happen to get put in because of chance this time so be it but no motivated effort will be put forth this time around Valve.

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Actually this one is much better!

Not only do you get chances to win games off your wishlist, but each entry gives you a "ticket" as well. 3 tickets will get you DLC content for free for one of a dozen games. I'll be getting a few map packs for free even if I don't win any prizes. :)

As for the connectivity issue, my steam does the same thing. Wait a minute or two then refresh the game browser window and it will find the connection, or at least mine does.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Your right it is much better then the last one, I am eating my words this time. I have gotten two things thus far and I plan to try to and get a third.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've never tried Borderlands. But I'm interested.

Wow. Next time it goes on sale, get it ;-)

I've purchased Deus Ex 1 and 2 so far. Hoping to see some more games hit the deals list that I've been contemplating for a while. Purchasing Deus Ex reminded me that some other classis games of that era have yet to hit Steam, though. Where's Omikron?!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
After a few days of collecting tickets, I can saw quite a few of the requirements don't even require owning a game. And several of the games that were mentioned are free, or were games hosted in several past sales that ya probably already own...

Got all four map packs for Defense Grid (was $5), some new unique mission for X3 Reunion, some sort of costume gear pack for MNC, and some cheap sunglasses for TF2. Might get the snorkels for the Portal 2 bots... The summer camp thing ends tomorrow though, so better get all those freebie tickets (most others are also linked to new achievements) quickly!

I've never tried Borderlands. But I'm interested.

Totally great game... and a huge timesink :D I'm with everyone else though, give the demo a shot. Plenty of DLC that has expanded on the original game too!

Last edited: