Spike Video Game Awards Show Results

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Spike TV is a network that came out of nowhere and somehow became a trusted source for video games. How this happened, I'm unsure. Questions aside, their awards show, Spike Video Game Awards, is now an event looked forward to by gamers everywhere. Their fourth aired last night and Flynn at Kotaku was there to attend. I wish I watched just to see the Foo Fighters perform... and Tommy Tallarico... and ok, even Kid Rock.

Of course it's the awards that matter. If you are worried about spoilers... don't. You already know what game wins what. BioShock, not surprisingly (and though I highly disagree), received the GOTY award while the best studio was given to Harmonix (creators of Guitar Hero, Rock Band). It's also no surprise that best graphics were awarded to Crysis and breakthrough technology to Portal. Hard to disagree with either. For the rest of the winners and a full event roundup, check out the full writeup.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
spike_vga_121007.jpg

Source: Kotaku </td></tr></tbody></table>
BioShock took home three awards including Best Original Score, Best Xbox 360 Game and the big daddy of them all, Game of the Year. Fan favorite Halo 3 had two wins with Best Multiplayer Game and the highly dubious Most Addictive game fueled by Dew. Seeing as Mountain Dew launched a full fledged advertising campaign that revolved around a new soft drink devoted to Halo 3 this was hardly a surprise even though this category was allegedly voted on by the fans.

Source: Kotaku