Specs for AMD's Radeon HD 6750 and HD 6770 Leaked

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Launches of fresh GPU line-ups aren't uncommon, and most often, both AMD and NVIDIA deliver such a thing at least once very year to a year-and-a-half. But the upcoming launch from AMD holds a ton of promise, and might well be one of the most impressive GPU launches we've ever witnessed. Well, as long as the rumored specs hold true, along with speculated performance.

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
if the hd6770 is equal to the hd5850, then it might be priced equal to that, but then who would buy a 5850 when a newer 6770 is available! This launch is gonna be interesting!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
From what I know pricing is supposed to be $259 for the 6750 and $329 6770 :eek: not even close to the $130 tag on my 5750.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From what I know pricing is supposed to be $259 for the 6750 and $329 6770 :eek: not even close to the $130 tag on my 5750.

If that's the case, then it looks like there isn't going to be a major reason to get excited over the performance gains. Other architectural upgrades will be nice, though. Plus, even if those are launch prices, they won't remain that "high" forever, so down the road, they're going to deliver huge power for a small buck.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what the HD 5870 could pull off. Even at $600, it should almost obliterate the GTX 480.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
If the 6770 out performs the 5850 at launch and only costs $20 more, think what 2 months of driver enhancements could do. Remember, launch day performance is always lower than optimum, when you give them a few months to sort the drivers out, you can easily add another 10-20% performance. Wait for the release and benchmarks, the price is unlikely to change on the 5850, if anything, it could go down further.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
No real clues though, the pricing is just leaks or speculation, probably not real so they could be cheaper but who knows.