Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Offers 40+ Games

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I don't post that much console-related news here too often, but this one particular title caught my eye the other day while browsing Amazon, so I felt compelled to talk about it. If you grew up in the early 90's and loved video games, chances are good that you've played either the SNES or Genesis. You probably also have many memories wrapped into a wide variety of games.

Well, if you were a fan of the Genesis in particular, and happened to own basically any of the popular games for the console, then you might be thrilled to see the latest collection to hit. "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection" includes over 40 classic Genesis hits, including Altered Beast, Columns, Comix Zone, Ecco the Dolphin, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Sonic and so on.

Many of the games have been featured on various collections in the past, but this is the first time so many of them have come together to be offered for one price. From a franchise standpoint, almost all of the Sonic titles are here, in addition to Phantasy Star, Golden Axe. Even Vectorman 1 and 2 are included here! For the ~$30 USD SRP, this collection comes off as being an absolute steal.

sonics_ultimate_genesis_collection_020309.jpg

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection/Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection is an upcoming compilation of video games being developed by Backbone Entertainment for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The compilation features more than 40 Sega games which were previously released for the Genesis/Mega Drive console (including most of the Sonic the Hedgehog titles released for the system), and will feature arcade titles as well.

Source: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Wikipedia)