SLI Water cooling suggestions

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As you can see in my sig, I am running the DFI Ultra-D. The spacing between the two PCI-E slots is small and any tubing I use kinks. This includes tygon. I tried the zip tie method and placed then where the tube kinks are but then there is just to much tension in the tube itself and it pushes my cards apart. I have peiced togeather something but it looks like shit. Seriously, it looks terrible.

I am asking if you all have any ideas for me. I cannot find any company that makes the sleeved coils to go on the outside of the tubing (1/2" ID, 3/4" OD) I am thinking about getting a spring from a local hardware shop and putting it in the inside of the tube but then I will still ahve the problem of the tube pushing my cards apart and the last thing I want to do is damage them.

I am thinking of doing something custom but I am unsure how I am going to do this. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Do you have a pic? Maybe you could lengthen the tubes going to the sli cards. That would give the bend more room and would decrease the chance of a kink. Possibly crossing over to the second port on one of the cards instead of going directly beneath? Sorry if this doesn't help. :eek:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Assuming each barb on the water block is 1 and 2, on ebeing on the right and 2 being on the left, I am attempting to go from barb 2 on the top card to barb 1 on the bottom card. I cannot have the tubing to long either as my case door will not shut.

I will figure out something. I am trying to avoid having my loop go anywhere else between the 2 GPU's but I might have to route the tubing from one GPU to a radiator and then back to the second GPU.

I will fool around wiht it more when my second radiator and the extra tubing comes in on Thursday.

Greg

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Thats a good suggestion but I am afraid that I just dont have the room for a product like that in my case......damn tight case.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
The Tidewater actually has some flaws to it. For one the mounting is questionable. The exhaust isn't the same size as a single pci bay opening, nor is it as big as 2 ports. This causes the hot air to circulate back into the case.
It is one answer to water cooling your card(s), but it needs some revamping to be more effective.