Samsung Focus

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I have it. There have been 100s of review about it so I am hesitant to repeat the same.

I bought it at amazon/wireless for $50 (plus 2 yr renewal) as I missed the $0.01 deal the weekend before but was told that was only for new customers. Not sure that is true, but it doesn't really matter. The old phone is a LG Incite & I had only a little more than a year ago. So 2 years does not really mean that you are stuck with the same phone for 2 years.

For what it is worth, wirefly.com is also an excellent site and is where the Incite came from. They usually beat everyone else with deals. In hindsight I should have waited & got it at wirefly.com. :eek:

I have also learned that USB cables *really* matter. I design crap like that so it should not have taken most of a week for me to discover & try the cable that came with the Focus. I could not get the Focus to e recognized by my new Toshiba laptop. Tried all kinds of shenanigans until I finally tried the damn cable that came with the phone ... it connected in about a minute, if!

The only complaint is that I have figured or found out how to add my own ring tones. This is important to me as that is what drove me away from Verizon several years ago. This is/or will be away.

Also, MS has restricted apps. in a similar to Apple & the iCrap things. For the most part I do not care even with the much larger 4" screen (BFD). I am waiting for gotomypc to setup their s/w for W7Mo so I can check that out.

By coincidence of desktop failure and my simultaneous dilatory nature of repairing same (& losing Outlook) I have become far more familiar with gmail. Perhaps by shear quirk of fate, gmail is easily setup & readily accessed from this phone. Suddenly I have less incentive to get the computer with Outlook up & running! gmail also gives me a little jingle when I get a message. I don't even know if that is available for the PC?!? But I like this as I again suddenly don't care about sync-ing contacts & email.

I have not had a chance to investigate how to hack/jail break it since ChevronMW7 disappeared.

Otherwise I am pretty happy with the form & feel of the phone. I prefer to keep the cell in my left front pants pocket. The Focus is larger but thinner than the Incite so the comfort level is different but still compatible.

If anyone has any specific questions that you cannot get a good feeling about from the reviews, just ask & I will be glad to check it out.