SAFARI 4 WINDOWS!

MacMan

Partition Master
Safari is now available for Windows XP and Vista!

Steve Jobs said that over 500,000 people per day download Firefox for Windows, but over 1,000,000 people per day download iTunes, which, now of course, will include the Safari beta.

Safari runs at a little more than twice as fast as Explorer 7, so it is to be expected that Safari with 5% of the market place will soon grow even more.

I switched from Safari to Firefox, but have since returned to Safari after Firefox has become too bloated. I use it from time to time, but that's all.

Safari is built on Konquer and is a very nice, clean and mean browser.

Not sure if its better than Firefox, but its hell of a lot better than Explorer.

MacMan

Partition Master
Safari 3.0 beta looking good!

Safari is now available for Windows XP and Vista!

Steve Jobs said that over 500,000 people per day download Firefox for Windows, but over 1,000,000 people per day download iTunes, which, now of course, will include the Safari beta.

Safari runs at a little more than twice as fast as Explorer 7, so it is to be expected that Safari with 5% of the market place will soon grow even more.

I switched from Safari to Firefox, but have since returned to Safari after Firefox has become too bloated. I use it from time to time, but that's all.

Safari is built on Konquer and is a very nice, clean and mean browser.

Not sure if its better than Firefox, but its hell of a lot better than Explorer.

I decided to download the new beta 3 of Safari and I'm pleasantly surprised that it works rather well! I was expecting other wise!

www.itwire.com downloaded the Window Vista version and are quite happy with it stating,

"Apple’s own browser, Safari, now in version 3.0 and available as a free download, now runs on Windows, the Mac OS and iPhone, competing with Internet Explorer and Firefox. Steve Jobs said he wanted to boost Safari’s 4.9% share to something much larger, and promises that Safari renders pages twice as fast as IE7 and 1.6 times faster than Firefox.

We’ve already downloaded it and are happily using it in Windows Vista. Safari looks just like it does on the Mac, just as iTunes brings the Mac look-and-feel to the Windows environment."

I have yet to try in on my Windows XP Home, but just wish it was available for Linux too. After all, its based on Linux code!

Stupid Apple!

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/12791/1103/

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It doesn't surprise me that it's faster than Firefox... that browser has become too bloated, the exact opposite of just two years ago. The reason they don't release it for Linux, from what I can tell, is because Safari can utilize bonjour, which Windows already has thanks to iTunes. Since iTunes is not available for Linux, neither is Safari.