SabayonLinux Growing At Rapid Pace

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news post:

We at Techgage have been fans of SabayonLinux for quite a while now. In fact, we've taken a look at three different versions since launch, and will be taking a look at an upcoming version later this month. In our reviews, we've talked about how simple SL is to use, and how superb it's hardware detection is. Well, it seems like we are not the only ones out there who feels that way. Here's what Daniel Robbins, Gentoo creator, had to say:

"What excites me about Sabayon is that it reminds me of the early days of Gentoo - when we were focused on doing innovative things like dependency-based initscripts, GameCDs and other things that hadn't been done before."

Those thoughts are right on the money. It's hard to carry on a conversation with Fabio Erculiani, lead developer, and not walk away feeling ambitious yourself. The amount of passion that goes into the project is almost difficult to take in. When questioned about various doubts by LXer, he replies,

"I simply believe in the impossible. Many people told me, it's impossible to succeed with a Gentoo based distribution. And I showed them that they were wrong and I'll show how I'll be able to reach the 5th position on Distrowatch.com before the end of the year. I have a lot of bullets in my gun. I just need the funds and the most important thing, time."

SabayonLinux is quickly growing and needs help, so if you are a user of the distro or simply want to support the project, you can make a donation on their web site. Kudos to the entire SL team for their success thus far. Since the beginning, their growth has been enormous, and there is still no visible sign of slowdown.