Rosewill Brings Illumination with its RK-9100 Mechanical Keyboards

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Since their release in late 2010, Rosewill's RK-9000 keyboards have proven popular among those looking to adopt a mechanical model. They're simple in design, reliable, and have been reasonably-priced - and unlike many vendors which pick and choose only one or two Cherry MX switches to use, Rosewill offered its RK-9000 with all four; Black, Red, Blue and Brown. So - how to follow-up?

rosewill_rk9100_illuminated_kb_091112_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The KB does have multi-media keys; they just aren't dedicated. It's the same with this Trigger I am using. Must hit one key first and then one of the F keys up top. It's a little clunky. Seems like a lot of mechanical KBs are forgoing including dedicated keys, probably because it'd detract from things a bit because they themselves wouldn't be mechanical.

madmat

Soup Nazi
The KB does have multi-media keys; they just aren't dedicated. It's the same with this Trigger I am using. Must hit one key first and then one of the F keys up top. It's a little clunky. Seems like a lot of mechanical KBs are forgoing including dedicated keys, probably because it'd detract from things a bit because they themselves wouldn't be mechanical.

Can you do it while using other keys or do they need to be suspended? I often turn the volume up or down while I'm running around on maps so I can hear stuff or knock down background noise.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It'd be better if you had three hands, but yes, I don't see why you couldn't. It's the same action as an alt-tab, really, so if your fingers can reach, you're good.

Now don't get me wrong, I do prefer dedicated keys, but I've gotten used to this solution here. I've gotten used to things where I can mute or increase volume on-the-fly without much worry.

madmat

Soup Nazi
When running in a straight line it's simply a matter of using my right hand to turn the volume up or down. That's why I asked.