Richest Man in India Building a 60-story Home

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

moon111

Coastermaker
Personally, I like to keep my feet as close to the ground as possible. I know they engineer this and that, but one wrong flight path by a Boeing 777...

MacMan

Partition Master
Out of place....

If you thought a 205-inch TV was a symbol of conspicuous consumption, wait till you see this. The richest man in India is building a 60-story home for himself and the 600 people who serve him. Yeah, 600. It'll include 6 floors of parking space for his cars, 3 helipads, elevated gardens, and a health club.

Yeah... that's not excessive...

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/excess/richest-man-in-india-building-a-60+story-home-265686.php

I read about this building a day or two ago on the BBC news.com site. This building would be out of place anywhere, but to build it in one of the world's poorest nations is really, really out of place!

This billionaire will certainly impress people, but not in a very positive way. Of course, then again, maybe I'm a wee bit jealous I can't do the same? Frankly, I be quite happy with a measly 40-story house! :O)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Such a waste. Dont get me wrong, it's going to be an amazing structure, but that doesn't make it any less of a waste.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree with MacMan here. India is a poor Country, yet some douchebag thinks nothing to build himself a multi-billion dollar building that is excessive in every sense of the word. Don't get me wrong. It's his money and he's free to do whatever he pleases with it. I just don't know what kind of person you'd have to be in order to show off your wealth like that inside of poor Country.