Reason Behind Apple Sticking with C2D in 13" MacBook Pro

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Apple last week updated its MacBook Pro line-up, and for the most part, there were few complaints. The overall feature-set didn't change too much, but components were upgraded, and overall the latest models are faster than the previous, which is to be expected. But one feature that did strike some people as odd was that the 13" model was sticking with Intel's Core 2 Duo processor, rather than moving on up to the Core i5 / i7 ranks, as the larger models were.

macbookpro_nocorei_041910.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Just read this earlier today... very interesting to know. Frankly I'm astonished at how small those PCBs are for all of them, I think I've seen larger mini-ITX boards. :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Just read this earlier today... very interesting to know. Frankly I'm astonished at how small those PCBs are for all of them, I think I've seen larger mini-ITX boards. :D

No kidding. It's amazing what they can come up with when working with such tight constraints.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
No kidding. It's amazing what they can come up with when working with such tight constraints.

Yeah... I've stripped my laptop down into individual components before... it an almost a full-size ATX board inside by comparison. It was only a 2005 model, can't do half the things those boards can and the 915 chipset won't accept Core Duo or Core 2 Duo CPUs, real bummer.