Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I think it was the Death Adder, I don't remember it was just a display unit but I wasn't keen on it.

Did some more research, I got my Microsoft mice mixed up. Wired Explorer mice go up to 4.0, wireless up to 2.0... and ironically the wireless version had the highest DPI, but both could handle up to 6,000 images a second and track up to 36 inches per second. Considering the DPI is 400, I assume those other specs are why it never spins out or had tracking issues. The wired version had a slightly lower DPI rating.

Looks like the Wireless Optical Mouse 5000 is the replacement mouse for what I have... same 6,000 imagers per sec / 36 lateral inches per sec but with a 1,000 DPI and suppoedly even better battery life. Looks like an identical body, if so I half expect I could switch the cover plates and turn it into a metallic/cobalt blue instead of the single titanium color they come in. There's an identical mouse with a different (cheaper) body styling, the one I'm referring to is right-handed.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'll be honest in saying I'm not a huge fan of Razer's mice, but it's nothing against the products themselves... I've just become so comfortable with Logitech's designs that I've stuck with them. The Habu was a little weird in getting used to, but it was fine for the most part. About a year after using it, I had big enough issues (sporadic bouts of severe loss of tracking-ability), so I went back to a Logitech offering. I'm using some Gigabyte mouse at the moment and it's serving the purpose. For the gaming/benchmarking machine, I'm using Gigabyte's GM-M8000 and it's also pretty good. It's a little bulky, but it's comfortable once you get used to it.

I am very, very tempted to go wireless though, so thanks for all the information Kougar. The room I'm in is so embarrassingly small, and behind my desk are huge piles of cables, so I'm always getting both the mouse and keyboard caught up in them. If I can rid even those cables, the situation would be vastly improved.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i miss my MX-518....the best mousey Everr!! DeathAdder is good too but only cooler looking!

edit: Oh and i think Razer's Goliathus Mouse Mat is good. i Like mats alot more than pads. Mats feel better and more controlling!

R

Rusty

DA's buttons. 3, 4 and 5

They do not work when you try and assign them ingame to any game i tested including Counter-Strike: Source.
I tryed in XP and Vista.
The only thing you can do is:

1 Install the mouse+software (restart PC)
2 Setup as you like it best (including DPI/Hz etc) (restart PC after just in case)
3 uninstall razer software (restart PC)
4 Have fun

The boring part is that you can't change DPI etc untill you reinstall the software.

I just sent another e-mail related to problems with my razer producs ALL of them cheap worthless junk in comparison to other products of the same price on the market.

Razer producs i own are:

Deathadder ( got two actualy both have the issue explained above)
Lachesis (lmao it won't stay still even on the eXactMat just keeps jumping around)
Lycosa (rubber keys get pealed off in less then a week and i only play 3 to 5 hours a day 5 days a week not to mention that the keyboard is noisy and has a very slow response due to the dmn key that are hard to press down you almost have to hit them. Great for typing test and get a nostalgic fealing of the old typewriters)
Piranha (not very comfortable and the mic mute button is loose so you got to make sure nothing touches it wile you chat)

I am uterly disapointed at deathadder and am going to start making videos of my gear and post it on youtube.

U

Unregistered

about my reply

Feel free to email me at rustyrazer@live.com

For solutions or testimonials about your own problems with razer producs with pictures or not etc.

U

Unregistered

asd

Hi
can anyone help me?
i have a razer krait, i just started playing cod2 and cod4 after several months...but theres one problem
in cod2 the middle mouse button ( grenade throw) doesn't work, nad i dont know why. in the krait config i have the razer krat setting for the middle button on the universal scrolling...but still nothing...but in cod4 it works...

HELP ANY1?