Ram Test Problem

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
On the Q9540 system below. ( no overclock )
I took out a drive from the external MyBook drive ( SATA ) and installed into the system. ( probably has nothing to do with the problem ) but, when I rebooted, on boot up the memory test did nothing, code 52 on the motherboard says ram test failed.
I tried re seating the ram about ten times to no avail, I shut down the other computer, pulled the ram out of it, tried again with one ram chip...nopers, still ram did not test out.
I reset BIOS...... still nadda

Man...this is the board from buy.com, I can just image RMA to Buy.com....
I'll never go back there again. I am still waiting for them to take out the pending charge with Visa

Anyway.....just to see if I have tried everything, thought I'd check with the pros.
Did I overlook anything?

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Did you by chance try other RAM? Perhaps something completely different than what you have tried already? Try it in different slots? What about disconnecting the new hard drive and trying it again.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Did you by chance try other RAM? Perhaps something completely different than what you have tried already? Try it in different slots? What about disconnecting the new hard drive and trying it again.
I tried ram from other machine all kind of combos
Finally got it to work, took the battery out and reset jumper.
Everything seems normal now, which is not good....I dont know what happened.
Same ram in slots as before.
when it did reboot, it tried to boot from floppy drive ( which there is not one, went into bios and set up everything again

Damn, that was weird.
At least I dont have to deal with buy.com again.
If it were the case of a RMA, I think I would just get a different mobo.

I'm on the Q machine now and running cooler for some reason unbeknown.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Interesting.....the problem I was having was because I set everything on AUTO.
On the ram slots it was setting it at 2.1 volts...the ram I have runs at 1.9.
I couldn't leave it alone till I found out what it was.
wheeeeeww Not a mobo problem after all, nor ram
Another thing was on the ram test on boot, it doesn't show any action, so the code WAS in test mode, just not finished and I was rebooting too soon.

LOL...its always something around here

Thanks for the responces

Last edited: