PS3 1.93 Firmware Available, Store Updated

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
We knew it was coming, and now it's finally here. Both the PS3 1.93 and PSP 3.71 firmware have been released and you can update via usual means. The PS3 firmware only fixes up a few bugs that were launched with 1.92, while the PSP firmware adds theme support and video scene searching.

The Playstation Store has also been updated, but for some reason, I don't see the results on my own console yet. Looking at the comments at the official blog though, I might be the only one. Regardless, PixelJunk Racers has been released for $6.99 and also High Stakes on the Vegas Strip for $9.99. As for demos, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground has made it's way in there as well as NHL 08, FIFA 08, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and PixelJunk Racers. This all in addition to a slew of new wallpapers and trailers.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
tony_hawk_9_demo_091207.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Hey everyone, time for another fantastic PLAYSTATION Store update. First off, you’ll notice that we’ve updated some of the thumbnails in the Store. There are new genres for the Game Demos category. Hopefully, this makes it easier to get to the content you want. Oh, and speaking of content, we’ve heard a lot of folks asking about the NHL Demo and Poker and yes, we’ve got them both this week - and a whole lot more. Check it out.

Source: Playstation Blog