Personal Favorite Games of 2008

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Smash bros. Brawl
Left 4 Dead
Majong (Nintendo ds)
Flash focus (I think that was this year)

wow... I guess i really didn't play much this year...

I've been busy finishing school, 6 weeks in mex, starting a career, and the on again off again relationship.

:(

Resolution '09: Play more games.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Ahh, Left 4 Dead..... such an awesome game. We should have a Techgage meetup sometime, get some Zombie killing action going.

I have done NOTHING but play games for the past few months. That and drink.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
GTA4 is a great game but I have had a lot of issues on the PC. A GREAT alternative, in my opinion, is Saint's Row. Not a polished game like GTA4 but a HELL of a lot of fun.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
As Always ----Half Life- Deathmatch
Left4Dead
Grid racing
Far Cry 2
DIRT ( racing )
COD4
Crysis
*not in any order
now I'm gamebroke

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Left 4 Dead
Crysis + Crysis Warhead
Team Fortress 2
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

My only peeve is L4D was an awesome concept but it felt like the only bugfixing done was during the demo. That game still has grevious bugs they would have caught early on in betatesting had they done so, and it still lacks a server browser or any way to select the server to launch your game from unless you know certainl console text commands...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks to a general lack of time, when I do find time to play games, I tend to be drawn to my old-school MMO, simply because I know it's not going to be around forever. I do need to make sure I make more time for gaming this year though, since I feel like I need to game more. It's sick that I benchmark these games for what seems like night and day, but I never stray past the few minutes I spend in each one.

That aside, this year, Left 4 Dead impressed me quite a bit, bugs aside. The graphics were fantastic, it ran well, and the audio was impressive. It's really, really fun with a group of good friends, and forces you work as a team. I look forward to seeing what future updates come to this one. Sadly, I don't have an opinion on any other game this year, since I really don't recall playing any.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I should also mention L4D still crashes due to NVIDIA drivers.... Forceware 180 drivers are WHQL but are incompatible with L4D... both XP and Vista64 versions will cause the game to lockup or crash to desktop randomly. 178 drivers don't have any problems.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I should also mention L4D still crashes due to NVIDIA drivers.... Forceware 180 drivers are WHQL but are incompatible with L4D... both XP and Vista64 versions will cause the game to lockup or crash to desktop randomly. 178 drivers don't have any problems.
Hmmmm, interesting.
I see you have the GTX260, I use the GTX280 and have never seen what you described.
I havent updated any drivers since the installation......
I'll keep an eye out for thos problems

Merlin

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Well I'm by far not the only one. L4D Valve forums are covered with threads, if you post an issue they'll ask what Forceware you use right off. Three or four buddies in my friends list also suffered from this problem. Usually the game locks up and crashes with looping/stuck sounds under XP, but with Vista it tends to just crash to desktop without a single error message being reported. Sometimes the sound is still looping in the background, sometimes not.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Ahh, Left 4 Dead..... such an awesome game. We should have a Techgage meetup sometime, get some Zombie killing action going.

I have done NOTHING but play games for the past few months. That and drink.
Lemme know when, we'll get stork also

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
mine are:
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Crysis Warhead
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Fallout 3
Devil May Cry 4

Some of u r mentioning games of 2007 like COD4 and Crysis. 2008 games dudes!
ah well then i also include :
Crysis
COD4
The Witcher
C&C: 3 Tiberium Wars
Mass Effect
oh and i started playing Hitman Blood Money, kinda late yes but its awesome!

Last edited: