Packard Bell iXtreme i7803

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I know when your bro plays with you it he will defiantly appreciate all the time your putting into it!

Yeah point made there! Haha! I sat down with him and told him "Look Crysis 2 is playable with higher graphics thanks to this overclock." He's just go "Whoaa this looks even better. It's sooooo smooooooooooothhh.. SWEEEEEEEEET!!"

Like the Clarkson way! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVECU3T4BEI :D

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Yeah! I was surprised to see you score that close to him as well. Could it be that using that many GPU's isn't supported that well by the Catalyst drivers?

I've read some reviews about the 17 2600 power consumption. I think around 160-170 watts on full load in Turbo mode isn't bad at all for a CPU like this one.. Idling with Speedstep enabled it doesn't eat much power at all. So it depends on how hard you are pushing it. The same goes for the 6850. I've read it's eating 125 watts on full load.. Well this one is overclocked so it would realistically eat about 150 watts is my guess.. That is not bad I have to say :D

Oh I'll try 3dmark11 with these settings when I visited my parents again. I'm curious about that as well.

I have 0 exp with the latest ATI drivers so I can't answer that for you bud, sorry. /c:

I meant about the power draw contrast to your old system, is it much more then you thought it would be or much more efficient?

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Well before they've used a lappy. That thing was only eating 30 watts max, so yes it does eat a little more power LOL! I thought it was gonna eat about 300 watts on maximum load gaming. It's kinda what I expected. Not too bad I say, but not very power efficient either ;)

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I promised you to run a 3dmark11 test. Well today I had some time to play with this card and I managed to get a better overclock. I'm running this 6850 at 945/4708 with 1.233v now. I can go higher for benching, but I like to have my overclocks stable. So I did some testing with Furmark and got a max temp of 81c (it gets 78c at stock speeds) thanks to playing with the fan speed settings.

I think this card equals 6870 stock performance levels now :)

Here's the score: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1618671

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Thanks! Cooling needs to be increased to achieve more. But this performance is definitely fine! Don't overclockers always want more :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Thanks! Cooling needs to be increased to achieve more. But this performance is definitely fine! Don't overclockers always want more :D

That's why I buy my cards overclocked out of the box, so I just stop myself and if something happens I got warranty. Though I do usually check out how much more they can go but I haven't with my 580's yet.