Oops? or maybe not.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You have too many thoughts in one block of text... I'm really not sure what the issue is. For that CPU, the FSB should be 2000MHz though, not 1000MHz. Unless you are talking about the memory speed, in which case, I'd just down-clock it in the BIOS to be safe. Make sure you are looking under the memory tab in CPU-Z for the real speed though. Just take the frequency there and multiply it by two.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Krazy, as Rob said your post makes no sense. You dropped it? What are you missing? The FSB is not your memory frequency unless its running in a 1:1 ratio.

I have Corsair kits of XMS2 DDR2-800MHz RAM (4-4-4-12) that operate stable at 1,000Mhz 5-5-5-15, so it's not impossible. They've changed the chips inside them dozens of times though, so your results might vary.

Dropping the memory shouldn't hurt anything... dropping the motherboard would be a major risk as it would break under its own weight and any kind of flexing would break traces and components on it. DDR2 sticks with heatspreaders would be able to take the abuse unless it was concrete or something, is my guess.