OCZ's Neural Impulse Actuator On Sale

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
In my travels around the web, I continually see people inquiring about OCZ's Neural Impulse Actuator and when it will be available. Well silly rabbit, it's been available for a while now. It's just that it's not available on many of the websites you regularly shop at.

Currently, the best place to purchase it is Buy.com, which is somewhat unfortunate as they don't have the cleanest track record when it comes to making customers happy. Amazon.com is also said to have been stocking it, but I couldn't find anything on their site.

Canadian e-tailer NCIX.com also sells it, but they are currently out of stock and are taking special orders. So while the NIA is a little difficult to acquire, it's not impossible. Hopefully the likes of NewEgg will take stock soon.

As a side note, Buy.com also stocks their barebone gaming notebook, for what seems like a great deal at $656. Bear in mind that you will need to purchase the CPU, hard drive and RAM on the side, but they are readily available on popular e-tailers. Finally, a gamers DIY done (seemingly) right! For my brief thoughts on both the notebook and NIA, please check out our Computex coverage.

ocz_neural_impulse_launch_030308.jpg

It works by reading the pressure from your face/head and interpreting the signals to commands that a computer game can understand. Each time you play, you will need to run the calibrator for the most accurate control, and when done, you'll be able to configure certain aspects to your liking.

Source: Computex '08 Roundup