OCZ releases PC2-9000 modules

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sunnyvale, CA—August 29, 2006—OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the exciting unveiling of the PC2-9000 Ti Alpha VX2 DFI Special Edition, an exclusively engineered series of memory optimized for the new DFI LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R.

As a member of the cutting edge OCZ Voltage eXtreme lineup, the PC2-9000 VX2 DFI Special series is custom-built for high-voltage operation and record-breaking speeds of 1120MHz on the DFI M2R motherboard.

While Corsair just launched PC2-8888 modules, OCZ strikes back with PC2-9000. Both sets from these companies will likely be their flagship products for a while... at least a few months.

The differences are clear though. OCZs new kit delivers 563MHz with 5-5-5 timings... not loose for those speeds. However, Corsairs kit is 556MHz with 4-4-4 timings... sure to prove a good boost in benchmarks over OCZs new kit.

One other difference... OCZs new kit will -probably- retail for $499US [speculation by me, not them], while Cosairs kit is going to be $599US - $649US.

It's time to find me one of those DFI boards... It's interesting to note that they chose DFI as the partner, however Corsair does the same thing with ASUS. However, I know OCZ, and they work with DFI on a very regular basis. If Oskar had a part in these modules, we can expect some explosive performance.