ObamaNet - Government Will Have Access To Everything You Have Online

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Saw this the other day. Posted by the American Family Association (VERY credible source) and sent to my friend's dad, which he sent it to me. These links are not spam, I swear. :p Here's what it said:
American Family Association said:
ObamaNet - Government issued Internet ID card required for all Americans

The government will be able to track every web site you visit, every keystroke you send, every purchase you make, every blog comment, and every Facebook and Twitter post.

January 20, 2010

Dear Edward,

The Washington Times is warning that the White House cybersecurity adviser and Commerce Secretary Gary Locke are drawing up "ObamaNet," President Obama's mandate for what amounts to a national ID card for the Internet.
President Obama wants to establish passwords for every citizen to centralize your personal information. Instead of logging onto Facebook or one's bank using separate passwords established with each individual company or web site, you will be required to use the government-issued password.
According to the Washington Times, here are the problems with "ObamaNet":

The government will be able to track every web site you visit and every keystroke you send on your home computer.

The government will be able to track every purchase you make and every deposit and withdrawal, and gain access to your electronic health care records.

The government will be able to track every blog comment you make, along with every Facebook and Twitter post.

The government will be able to create lists of your friends and acquaintances and lists of all your political affiliations, political donations, club memberships, hobbies and interests.

It's impossible for the government to make this system 100% secure (remember Wikileaks?), meaning criminals would need to steal only one key to unlock a vast amount of your personal and financial information.

Although the White House will tell you it is a voluntary program, the government "voluntary" programs too often end up becoming mandatory.

TAKE ACTION
Your elected officials can stop President Obama and the Federal government from prying into the personal lives of American citizens.

Email your members of Congress today, asking them to issue a public statement in opposition to President Obama's plan to issue government-based Internet ID cards.

It is very important that you forward this alert to your friends and family members.

Sincerely,

Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association

Action Link:
http://www.capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=22937536&type=CO

Now THAT'S a true invasion of privacy. If this happens, I'm moving up to Canada with you, Rob! :p

eunoia

Partition Master
It's no better up here in Canada, we've elected another cunt-faced corporate butt-boy and lo and behold the CRTC is considering lifting a 1986 prohibition on broadcasting false or misleading news, just ahead of the launch of Fox News North.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2011/2011-14.htm

It's getting harder and harder to tell fact from fiction. "Journalists" ain't helping.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
this is all shaping up to those future movies with Totalitarian governments like the one in V for Vendetta! :(

eunoia

Partition Master
I was thinking more Idiocracy, but I hear you. This seems to play into the hands of gap-toothed hicks who arm and build bunkers in the woods.