NVIDIA Releases WHQL GeForce 270 Driver

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
For those who have been holding out for a WHQL (stable) release of NVIDIA's GeForce 270 driver, the wait is over. The company earlier this week released version 270.61, which features a couple of new features and many performance enhancements. We covered a of this in an article at the end of last month, but it seems NVIDIA has made even more improvements since then.

Read through the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
It still sucks, It screws up my 275s still. People whine and moan oh ATI only supports 3 gens of hardware wah wah wah, yet I never had any problems with my ATI card that could be fixed by changing settings or reinstalling the driver fresh and now I cant even fold with these. Portal, last I checked was not working, dirt2 was before I went back to the 270 series drivers, haven't tested again but I will. Nvidia cant even support 3 gen old hardware properly, and on top of that its really only barely 3 gens old. The cards, when they work best most cars out there but are far cheaper.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It still sucks, It screws up my 275s still. People whine and moan oh ATI only supports 3 gens of hardware wah wah wah, yet I never had any problems with my ATI card that could be fixed by changing settings or reinstalling the driver fresh and now I cant even fold with these. Portal, last I checked was not working, dirt2 was before I went back to the 270 series drivers, haven't tested again but I will. Nvidia cant even support 3 gen old hardware properly, and on top of that its really only barely 3 gens old. The cards, when they work best most cars out there but are far cheaper.

I wonder if these problems are related to the fact that the cards are indeed 2+ gens old. I tend to use up-to-date hardware, and when I last used NVIDIA's drivers for a long time (likely about three years), I never ran into issues like what you mention.

Check your PMs, by the way... sent you one ages ago!