Noctua Fan

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
It was payday and I said what the heck
I got the 120 Noctua fan for the server computer and I was amazed how quiet it was
I had to peek up there to make sure it was running.
You can run it off the mobo three pin fan connection.....there are 5 on the 780i mobo, or the rugular molex....several configurations to choose.
All you hear is a soft wind...no whine at all

I may just get a few more for the other computer....but at 34.xx a pop...it may be a while.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Noctua makes several good fans, the S12 and P12. I was close to buying the newer P12, but I'm holding off for now. They don't cost $34 though...?

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
You can find them on sale almost routinely for $10-15, you just have to look around.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I agree. I purchased a pair of Noctua fans last fall and have enjoyed them, aside from the coloring scheme.

Krazy K

Partition Master
How nice is a $34 fan Merlin? I got a nice Tt for like $15 with a variable rheostat and an option to engage a temp probe for auto speed. Quiet on low and I've never had to turn it up, aside from seeing how much noise it will make.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
How nice is a $34 fan Merlin? I got a nice Tt for like $15 with a variable rheostat and an option to engage a temp probe for auto speed. Quiet on low and I've never had to turn it up, aside from seeing how much noise it will make.
LOL...just rub it in.....I was taken on the price.
Wont happen again, I can tell you that for free :D

Merlin

Krazy K

Partition Master
Be it $34 or $10-15, is there anything special about it? Aside from the horrendous colors of course.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Excellent airflow and extremely silent. Not overrated like most "silent" fans. Great pressure too for water cooling rads.