Nevrax Heads Into Receivership

GeekGirl

Obliviot
French-headquartered developer Nevrax, developer of the PC MMO The Saga of Ryzom, has announced that the company will go into receivership in December, though officials insist that its flagship MMOG will continue to be supported, commenting “...this is not the beginning of the end - just the end of the beginning.”

However, following today's news, the future of Nevrax and, by association, The Saga of Ryzom's direction remains unclear. In a statement issued by the company, Nevrax officials noted that the company is in discussions with an unnamed company to “take on Ryzom,” though in what capacity remains unclear.

Nevrax has also issued a number of changes to the way in which Ryzom handles its new and existing user base. According to the company, all subscriber accounts as of 3pm GMT on November 20 were turned into free accounts with a month of free access. In addition, the company has opted to disable the ability to upgrade new free accounts into full paying accounts.

I smell the zapper...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
“...this is not the beginning of the end - just the end of the beginning.”

Yes, of course that makes perfect sense for a company that's going out of business. I'd be interested in knowing what company they are discussing things with. I know http://www.ryzom.org/ is trying to gather the funds to buy the rights to the game, but they have a long way to go.

Either way, hopefully it won't completely die off after the company ceases to exist. It's not a bad game, there are far worse out there.