Need the Most Unsecure Linux Ever? Just Get Damn Vulnerable Linux!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When choosing which OS to run, or when updating to the latest version of your preferred OS, chances are that you are thinking about the improved security you're about to equip yourself with. Well, at least I hope you do. What you probably don't think about, or stress over, is just how unsecure the OS is. It's even more unlikely that you go and seek out the most vulnerable OS out there.

damn_vulnerable_linux_061910.jpg

Read the rest of our news post here and discuss it here!

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
I love this! :)

It really is quite useful, because when you're trying to learn the basics of exploitation in a continually adapting world, it's very hard - right when you learn how something works, they close the loops. It makes it VERY hard to train your skills, which all fall back onto the same basic principles but require you to learn those principles before performing them on ever-changing targets. Kudos to the creators, I think I'll be giving this a whirl to brush up on some basics. :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Brett Thomas said:
I love this!

Haha, I guess I was right to think of you while writing the post, then ;)

Delving deeper, this distro has been around for a while... at least as far back as 2007. I'm surprised it took me this long to catch wind of it, especially with a name like that!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Okay, I just finished laughing really hard. I also love this, not only is it a really smart idea but it's just great. I'll have to see if a few friends of mine know about this particular distro. :)