NaturalPoint TrackIR 4:PRO

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There are ways of gaming that we're all familar with. Today we're taking a look at a way of getting 'into' the game in a new way, using your head. Literally.

After checking out the review here, discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Great review. Well writen and complete.

I had a chance to take the 4:pRO out for a spin at the GDC and all I know is that I want one. This would be ideal for someone with a multiple screen setup I think. They had a FPS beta there and for the most part, it seems promising. I am with you in not caring to much for flight sims but I would like to try this out in a racing sim and see how that works out. All in all though, nice review.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Thank you for the kind words sir. :) I enjoy the TrackIR and I think it's fun as hell but right now it's got so little support I couldn't recommend it to someone without knowing that person has an innate love for a sim of some sort or another.

I just hope that it gets more support soon or at least support in all the cool new games.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Like most anything cool in the tech world, unless the support is there, the product will almost always fail. Thats what I am scared of with Ageia and the PPU. The games are there but they have to show enough differance in gameplay to warrant people shelling out 250+ for the PPU. The same applies here with the 4:pRO. Amazingly great idea, but where are the games? There have been a lot of products similar to this one but they have all failed due to lack of support. I like what Natural Point is doing and I would really like to try one out myself with a racing sim. While I am not a fan of flying sims, I love me some racing.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
DarkSynergy said:
I like what Natural Point is doing and I would really like to try one out myself with a racing sim. While I am not a fan of flying sims, I love me some racing.

I agree. I would love racing down a straight away and being able to look to the left and right to see if I have competition beside me.