N-Gage is back!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news:
Nokia's original N-Gage didn't fare too well on the market, although it was quite an interesting product. It simply didn't have any real redeeming features, except for the fact that it doubled as a phone. Well, they are finally releasing the latest incarnation and the games are looking sweet.

Developer support is quite good this time around, so hopefully it will last a little bit longer on the market. Paired with the fact that you can use this on a normal phone (from their supported-phones list of course), it should open the door for more who are wanting to play the games. Each game available will have a demo, while the full version will run between $8 - $14. I can pick at least five games that I'd love to give a go, including the one in the below image. It's just too bad I don't own one of the supported phones...

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
nokia_ngage_083007.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
"As we expand our focus from a dedicated game phone to a gaming service, we are making getting and playing games even easier," said Jaakko Kaidesoja, head of the games business at Nokia. "The N-Gage service combined with powerful devices, world class titles and brands, and interactive social networking features, takes the mobile gaming experience beyond traditional boundaries."

Source: Nokia

Some of these games look REAL good. I wish they were available elsewhere, not just on their phones.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
As this relates to another thread... "OMG ANOTHER iPhone?"

Getting beyond that... As it relates to your wanting to play those games need rob... Im sure the HB community will make that a possibility. (although the legality/illegality might be an issue.)

Thing does look freggin sweet though.