Mozilla Breaks Down Firefox 4 Download Stats

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Mozilla released its Firefox 4 Web browser early last week, and the immediate response was almost overwhelming even as a spectator. If you happened to have watched the download counter at Mozilla.com, you would have seen that each refresh tacked on a thousand or more to the total, and after a mere two days, that counter sat at a very impressive 15.85 million. Whew.

mozilla_ff4_graphic_032911.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have been very pleased with FF4 so far. A few of my plug-ins no longer work but that's to be expected. It's a nice looking, quick browser that still uses more memory than I would like but I suppose that's why we all have 4GB+ of memory on our machines.

killem2

Coastermaker
It reminds me a lot like chrome, I'm just getting motivated to start using it. Firefox 3 started off sooo well, then it just went down the shitter.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
It reminds me a lot like chrome, I'm just getting motivated to start using it.

That's exactly why I started using it. You can tell that it uses GPU acceleration because in the Beta 10 release, FRAPS showed an FPS counter in the top left corner of the screen when running firefox :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
why is Firefox 4 almost just like Chrome?!? It be very chromy and not foxy!! :D

That's not a bad thing per se though. Chrome is a great browser in its own right, so if Firefox takes what's good with it and makes itself even better, no complaints from me :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
That's not a bad thing per se though. Chrome is a great browser in its own right, so if Firefox takes what's good with it and makes itself even better, no complaints from me :D
The customize option is very nice! Moved stuff here and there, just the way i like it! :D
Not so chromy afterall! :rolleyes:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
That's exactly why I started using it. You can tell that it uses GPU acceleration because in the Beta 10 release, FRAPS showed an FPS counter in the top left corner of the screen when running firefox :p

Hah! You can also tell because if you have Mumble running, it will display the OSD overlay ontop of every Firefox 4 window... :rolleyes: Hopefully someone will figure out a way to prevent such side effects in the future...

Still want my side-stacking tabs though!!

Just sorry to say but I am not satisfied with the features of Firefox4 like its speeds or look, rather I would prefer Firefox3. So reinstalling it.