Mouse Grips

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In gaming control is everything. Without it that killer headshot might very well go wide and act as a flag for your intended victim. Today we look at a simple way to help you keep control during an intense fragfest when sweaty palms can foil the best laid plans of any gamer.

After reading Matts review here, discuss it here!

Buck-O

Coastermaker
1: Whats the MSRP on these?
2: I would like to see a follow up review on these in the future as to how they are holding up.
3: How easily, do they remove? And does it leave a sticky residue in teh process?

For example, doesnt seem worth getting to me if for $20 you get some sticky crap that only stays stuck for one good LAN sessions, and then turns to crap. And then youve got a sticky mouse because the adhesive doesnt come off cleanly when you remove the pits that where peeling off.

madmat

Soup Nazi
They've been on my mice for nearly a month with no peeling. I'm not removing them to satisfy your curiosity, sorry. If you're willing to pony up a new set, sure, but I personally like them how and where they are and I don't see why I should be responsible in paying to answer your question.

As to the MSRP they're $12.95

Buck-O

Coastermaker
madmat said:
They've been on my mice for nearly a month with no peeling. I'm not removing them to satisfy your curiosity, sorry. If you're willing to pony up a new set, sure, but I personally like them how and where they are and I don't see why I should be responsible in paying to answer your question.

As to the MSRP they're $12.95

Jeez Mat, you get up on teh wring side of teh bed this morning...sheesh. :confused:

Anyway. Good to know they arent peeling. WOuld you consider yourself a dedicated gamer? And do you often get sweaty palms?

Im not saying you should "be responsible" for asking my question. Generally most people have a preference for somthing and dont change it. Perhaps you utilized them on a loaner review mouse, and had to take them off to send the product back. I was just asking if you had remvoed them. Obviously you havent. But if you ever do, id like to know.

At least if they dont work as one would expect, 13 bones isnt alot to be out, if they are not to your liking.

Is there any word yet on weither they will be offering any other styles, aside from the fake CF design they have now? As it stands, the fake CF jsut reminds me to much of a tank protector on a motorcycle. Call me weird, but thats what i see. ANd it kinda...well...cheapens it for me i guess.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

madmat

Soup Nazi
No, I wasn't in a bad mood but just being honest. I don't have a clue what kind of goop they'll leave behind but hopefully they'll outlast my mice and I won't have to find out. Me personally, I like the way they look just fine but a solid black or other colored set wouldn't look bad either. I suppose I can shoot the owner an email monday and ask him.

M

Mouse Grips Guy

I have had my Mouse Grips on for a good 9 months now with no degridation to the performance with regards to peeling or wearing down. I am the owner of Mouse Grips and I am a hard core gamer putting in about 4 hours of gaming per day + every LAN I can attend that's not too far from my home or my office. :)

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Well, thats good to hear.

How about doing some differnt colors or patterns?
It would be kind of nice to have somthing like that, colored with the same style as the most popular gaming mice out there. Go for that stealth look, instead of the ricer look.