Mega Man 9 to Resemble Old-School NES Title

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
If you consider yourself to be a true gamer, then chances are that you fully believe that gameplay should always come before graphics. There is no shortage of great-looking games on the market today, but many of them fall far short in the gameplay department. I won't name examples, but the sad fact is that it's difficult to get a game that excels in both. Half-Life 2 is one recent example of where this was accomplished, but I'm sure each one of us would agree on a different game that really blew us away.

So what am I getting at? As it turns out, popular developer Capcom is revisiting its roots with Mega Man 9, a brand-new game designed to mimic one for the original NES. That means the graphics, sound and gameplay should closely resemble what we saw with Mega Man 2 - 6, which is no doubt going to please many diehard MM fans. The best part might be the price of $10 upon release. The downside? It will only become available on the Wii's download store. At least for now.

The release is likely nowhere soon, but you could probably expect it sometime Q4. For now, you can check out a few other "simpler" games I recommend, such as Within a Deep Forest, Everyday Shooter and Gumboy Crazy Adventures.

mega_man_9_070908.jpg

Source:
Famitsu , Via: Kotaku

Naish

E.M.I.
Stupid.

It wasn't the 8-bit graphics that made the old megaman games good, it was the fact that they actually put effort into them.

When they started added characters, and adding more, and adding more, the series became trash.

Not to mention there are 110 games...all the same (give or take). Atleast with the 200+ Mario games there's a variety.